Nutella Hot Chocolate

Friday, January 13, 2012 7:34 PM Posted by Lovely Fluffy Mama


I love chocolate. I love hazelnut. So, naturally, I love Nutella. I also love me some really good hot chocolate! And I'm not talking about Swiss Miss. I mean really good hot chocolate. If it is a kind that you can make from scratch, that's even better! So, you can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw a recipe for Nutella Hot Chocolate! I was even more thrilled when I tried it and loved it! If you love chocolate, or Nutella, or hazelnut, or hot chocolate, or any combination of those, you will love this recipe :)



These are all the ingredients you will need for the hot chocolate.

Just whisk all the ingredients together in a sauce pan over medium heat until everything is blended together and smooth.

Then, I highly suggest whipping up your own whipped cream - too easy not to, and it tastes divine :)

That's it!
I do realize that I have a ridiculous amount of whipped cream, but I couldn't help it! 
Top with cinnamon or cocoa or chocolate shavings or salted caramel or whatever your heart desires :)



Nutella Hot Chocolate
Adapted from The Hungry Housewife.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 1/2 Tablespoons Nutella
  • 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
  • pinch of salt
*Whisk all ingredients together in sauce pan over medium heat until blended.

Homemade Whipped Cream

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*(optional) Freeze a medium sized bowl and beaters from your mixer for 10 mins - it will lessen the "whipping" time. 

*Beat all ingredients together at high speed until "peaks" start to form. 



~Lovely Fluffy Mama