These took some time to make, but was well worth it!! You will not be disappointed with this one!
Baked Potato Skins
Adapted from Simply Recipes.
- 6 small to medium sized russet baking potatoes
- Olive oil
- Canola oil or grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 strips of bacon
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Scrub potatoes clean and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Lightly rub olive oil on potatoes, sprinkle with kosher salt, and bake for 1 hour directly on oven rack - make sure to flip potatoes over after first 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet about 10-15 minutes, until crispy. Place bacon on paper towels to drain and cool. Once cooled, crumble.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool long enough to handle. Increase oven temp to 450*F.
- Cut potatoes horizontally and scoop out inside (save the insides for another time), leaving about 1/4 inch of potato in the skin.
- Brush or rub canola or grapeseed oil over potato skins, inside and out.
- Place skins on baking rack in a roasting pan or broiler pan. Bake for 10 minutes, flip skins and bake another 10 minutes. Remove skins from oven and cool long enough to handle them.
- Sprinkle insides of skins with pepper, cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon. Return to oven for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream on each potato skin, and sprinkle with green onion.
~Lovely Fluffy Mama