Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:02 PM Posted by Lovely Fluffy Mama

I found this recipe online, and was hesitant to try it. I don't always like cooking crock pot recipes that contain pasta, because the few times I have tried, the pasta came out gummy. Gummy pasta, for me, is inedible. Gross. But I finally decided to give it a try, and I sure am glad that I did. Very easy, tasty, and the kids love it -  which is always a plus for me. I think you will enjoy this one.


So, let's get cooking!

Go ahead and cook your elbow macaroni according to the directions, then drain and set aside, while you cube all of your cheeses and your butter.

I used (4) 8oz blocks of Colby Jack cheese because it was easier for me at the time, but you could just stick to the recipe and it will turn out just as wonderful.

Unsalted butter.


Cheese Mountain! 
Make sure you cube some Velveeta cheese, too, for the extra creamy factor!

If it seems like you have a lot of cheese, it's because you have a lot of cheese :)

Time to put everything together! Make sure to lightly grease or spray your crock pot, and start layering away! Start with your macaroni, then add your cheeses and butter, then salt and pepper to taste, then more macaroni. Repeat until you have all your ingredients in the crock pot.

I can already tell this is going to awesome!

And last, but certainly not least, pour your milk over the top. 

 I used whole milk, but you can use 2%, skim, fat-free, etc. and I'm sure it will still taste amazing.

Cook on low for 4 hours, making sure to stir it once halfway. Or you can be like me and "stir it" 5 or 6 times to get a good tasting in :)

Just look at this cheesy goodness! 

This heavenly delight was a hit in our household. Keep in mind that it makes a lot, so it is perfect for a big family or if you need to cook for a large group. You could very easily half the recipe. If you do half it, make sure to cut the cooking time in half to 2 hrs instead of 4. Or you can just cook the entire thing, store it nicely in your refrigerator, and pull some out to reheat when you need a mac and cheese fix.You could also probably add some breadcrumbs on top towards the end of cooking time (yum!), although I really like scraping the sides of the crock pot and stirring that crunchy loveliness into the mac and cheese. It's your meal, you do with it what you wish. Happy crocking!


Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Recipe from Short Stop.

Ingredients:
16 ounces macaroni
16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
16 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
16 ounces Velveeta (cubed)
1 stick of butter, cut into slices
16 ounces milk
salt & pepper, to taste


Directions:
Spray crockpot lightly with cooking spray. Layer 1/3 of the macaroni in bottom. Layer half of cheese, butter, salt & pepper. Repeat, ending with last 1/3 of macaroni on top. Pour milk over mixture.

Cook on low for about 4 hours and stir about mid-way.



~Lovely Fluffy Mama