I Never Imagined

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:24 PM Posted by Lovely Fluffy Mama
Anyone who knew me before I had kids, knows that I wasn't a "kid person". Not that I didn't want my own kids, I just didn't really like other peoples' kids. Babies were ok. It was just the kids that got to me. I hope I am connecting with someone out there - it just sounds so mean to say that I don't like kids! Let's put it this way - I never babysat, my little brother is only 3 yrs younger than me, my sister is 8 years older than me, I stayed super busy playing sports in middle school and high school, and I started working at Chick-fil-A (yum!!) when I was 15 years old. There just wasn't an opportunity (nor did I want there to be one) for me to be around any kids.


My first thought anytime there was a chance of a kid encounter was this:


I always knew I wanted to be a "stay at home mom", but the "stay at home" part was the part that appealed to me most ;) Even after getting engaged and then getting married, the last thing on my mind was having kids. In fact, we had a 5 year plan for NOT having kids so that we could get our finances and life in order first. Well, the thing about having a plan that makes it actually work is the ACTION you must take! We did not take the proper action while on our honeymoon and ended up with our beautiful little blessing, Riley, 9 months later :)


My life has been forever changed, and I love it! When Riley was about 7 months old, we found out I was pregnant AGAIN! Already?! Yikes!!!! Well, thank God for His timing and plan for us because I love my little baby man Noah so very much! He makes laugh and brings so much joy to my life!


I never would have imagined that my life could be so full and rewarding as a mom. I still have a thing about kids, except for family and my dear friends with kids - don't worry, I like your kids :) But I have definitely changed my general feelings about being around kids and connecting with them. I am so thankful that our 5 year plan didn't come to fruition because I can't imagine my life without these 2 little sweeties.


Hope everyone is having a great 1st week of 2012! Over and out!


- Lovely Fluffy Mama