Progression Notes and Pics: 29 - 32 weeks

Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:19 PM Posted by Lovely Fluffy Mama

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
29 Weeks: Took the 3 hour glucose test this week. The doctor said that "no news is good news", so we will see what happens! I go back for a regular checkup in 2 weeks :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 Weeks: My doctor's office called about the results of my 3 hour glucose test. She didn't say I didn't pass, but I am to start a 2,000 calorie diabetic diet for the next couple of weeks, and when I go back for my regular appointment next week we will talk about it.

I have been trying really hard to change my diet around and add more exercise into my routine so that I don't gain a ton more weight, since I am already at the "reasonable" weight gain for this pregnancy. And I have to say, I feel great! Over the last 2 weeks, I have managed to maintain my weight from my last doctor's appointment :) One more week until my next appointment so I will have the official weigh-in then :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
31 Weeks: I feel better now than I have this entire pregnancy. Having to do the 3 hour glucose test and gaining so much weight so quickly was a big wake up call. It wasn't that I was eating terrible before, but I certainly wasn't really paying much attention to it. And I also wasn't exercising nearly as much as a should have been. I have cut out most carbs/starches/sugars. Added a ton of water and protein. I came to realize that when I eat pasta, breads, drink sodas (even diet) etc...that I end up with a monstrous headache. I never associated it with what I was eating before now!

Had a doctor's appointment this week. Sure enough, I have to test my blood sugar 4x/day, at least until my next appointment in about a week and a half. If my numbers can be maintained using diet modification, then I will only have to to test maybe twice a day (if that) and will need NO medication! Good news is I am finally measuring where I should be (I was always measuring 2 -3 weeks ahead, but this time was spot on 31 weeks!), and I only gained maybe 1.5 lbs between visits (normally I was gaining between 4 - 6 lbs between visits!). 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
32 Weeks: This week has been going ok. My numbers for blood sugar testing have been looking good, and I have figured out how to control it. So, hopefully after next week I will only have to test twice a day! 

Halloween was this week :) We had a good time! My parents and sister and her kids came over for chili and then we ventured out into the neighborhood for trick or treating! Lots of walking, which actually felt really good, and I amazingly avoided *most* candy consumption :)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~