Review: Scarlet's Naturals SunBlock - Revisited :)

Sunday, July 8, 2012 1:03 PM Posted by Lovely Fluffy Mama
Scarlet's Naturals


Back in May, Desiree from Scarlet's Naturals sent me a generous, full sized Coconut Scented SunBlock to review, just in time for Mother's Day weekend! We ended up spending the day out on the boat and exploring some of the surrounding islands, and for some reason, the SunBlock just didn't seem right - the texture was off, the ingredients were separating, the scent seemed a little off, and it actually didn't work on me (although it worked fantastic on my husband and my kids!). It was odd because I have used some of her other products, such as the Hiney Honey Quick Stick Mini and the Scarlet's Suds laundry detergent, and I absolutely love them and have had no issues with those whatsoever! As it turns out, the SunBlock that was sent to me just happened to be part of a very small few that were a tad faulty. Desiree was so prompt with contacting me about it, and I have to say her customer service is outstanding!! She really cares about her customers and stands behind her products 100%. On top of being super friendly and apologetic, she sent me a completely new full sized bottle of SunBlock! How awesome is that?!


When I received the SunBlock, I have to admit I was a little hesitant to try it again, but I sure am glad that I did! I LOVE it!!!!! It is definitely one of my favorites to use now! I received the unscented this time, and it smells amazing!!! Almost like a light and fresh baby wash type of smell! It is so extremely easy to apply, and even though it ends up going on clear (which I love), it leaves absolutely NO greasy residue!

My kids love to be outside and in the water, so we basically have to use some form of sun protection every single day. To say we have tried a million types of sunscreens and sunblocks and UV resistant clothing would be an understatement!! Or at least it feels that way ;) Scarlet's SunBlock protected my kids for at least a couple of hours with just one application, even with them playing in the water the whole time! 

What I love about Scarlet's SunBlock:
  • All natural ingredients!!!! With ingredients such as coconut oil and beeswax (made from the bee hives in their own backyard!), you can really feel confident about using this product on yourself and your family!
  • Ease of use. This is so easy to apply, even on squirmy kids!
  • No residue. The SunBlock leaves no greasy residue! It blends right in!
  • Water resistant/ Sweat resistent with an SPF of 50+! It really stays on and continues to protect from harmful UVA/UVB rays, even while in the water!
  • Scent is wonderful. Doesn't leave any weird "after scents". It smells very light and clean, the whole time.
  • Great Size and concentrated. The full size comes in a 6 fluid oz bottle and I think it is perfect! It fits nicely in my beach bag without taking up too much room. And because it is fairly concentrated, a little goes a long way and is plenty for our family and will last us a long time.
I honestly can't think of any reason to not love Scarlet's SunBlock! You should definitely give it a try, especially if you are looking for an all-natural alternative for sun protection.

I am so impressed with Scarlet's SunBlock! I will be ordering more in the future for sure! You can purchase your own SunBlock right here! And what is even more awesome is that there is even an option to purchase a convenient, take-along  SunStick - perfect for quick application to the body and face!!! Love that idea! Scarlet's Naturals offers an amazing line of products! You will not be disappointed, no matter what you decide to purchase! Make sure to also go ahead and become a fan on Facebook too - be among the first to know about new products, promos, and giveaways!

A special THANK YOU to Desiree at Scarlet's Naturals for the opportunity to review (and re-review) such an awesome product :)

~ Jessica



*I was not paid to do this review. The products were provided to me in exchange for the review. These are my true and honest words and personal opinions.*